HERE’S HOW YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OFFICE SPEAK FOR ITSELF.
- Posted by ATOP_officework
Offices are wrongly stereotyped as boring places where we work toward a collective goal. Although the latter half of it is true, the first part is absolutely wrong.
In fact, the offices of 2019 are all about style and substance. A place which motivates employees and keeps them dedicated to their tasks. A place where clients get positive vibes and where your business targets are achieved through collaborative efforts.
Today’s offices are more than just a workplace. They represent your company’s culture, values, and goals. In short, offices turn your company into a brand.
If you want to design an office that best represents your company’s culture, then all you need is some creativity and the following tips to get started.
Read along and find out the secret to creating a sensational office design that stands apart from others.
Before finalizing an office theme, ask yourself these questions:
- What do you want in your office? (Technological finesse, coziness, welcoming aura, etc.)
- Do you want it to be collaborative or privacy-oriented?
- What are the day-to-day tasks conducted in your office?
- What is the working style of your employees?
- How do you want to portray your office to your clients?
Answering these questions will give you some valuable insights before getting started. It is important to have a clear vision of what you want to achieve with your office interiors early on to avoid huge expenses later.
Understand your business needs, set clear objectives for your interior design, take opinions from interior design experts or your employees, and set a theme around your findings.
Once you’ve got a clear idea, you can start implementing these tips to make the most out of your office’s theme.
1: Keep it Bright
No matter what your office theme is, you cannot avoid the importance of lights in your office. Having a bright light in your office boosts your employees’ productivity and creates a happy mood.
It’s even better if you use as much natural light as possible. Not only it saves energy but also brings numerous health benefits for your employees.
You can do that by installing glass walls instead of solid ones. They help distribute light equally throughout the office despite having fewer light sources. Also, they bring some added benefits as glass is amongst the most versatile material used in office space partitions.
You can experiment with various colors to figure out which one suits a particular room. For instance, use white lights near desks and hallways, warmer lights in the cafeteria and relaxation zone, and colored lights to create beautiful accents in the reception area.
2: Use Feature walls
Here’s something that can add a personality to your office. A feature wall is a great way to make a statement about your interior design.
And the best part is, you don’t even have to spend a huge amount of money to create one. If your budget doesn’t have any constraints we would recommend having a state-of-the-art feature wall with a customized design to suit your theme.
If not, here are some ideas to create a feature wall without breaking the bank:
- Have a ‘green’ wall, i.e.: a wall with hanging plants: There is nothing better than giving a natural touch to your office. It brings a calming and soothing effect and adds a unique look to your office.
- Create a wall which shows the history of your company with attractive graphics: It adds a great level of sophistication to your space. It also allows people to take a peek in your company’s history and growth.
- Add client testimonials on a wall with attractive frames and bold fonts: This is another creative way to design a feature wall. Not only it engages your clients but also helps in closing the deal.
- Customize your walls with graphics or quotes: If you want to keep things simple, you can just add images, motivational quotes, or quippy lines on your office walls to best represents your company’s culture.
3: Create a Dynamic Environment
Now let’s talk about style with some added functionality. Employees love when they work in an environment that adapts to their needs and not the other way around.
A dynamic work environment gives your office a “fresh” vibe. The ability to change your office at your leisure gives employees the freedom to work as per their needs and get the job done.
Here are some ideas to make the work environment in your office more dynamic:
- Use a lightweight modular office partition to create temporary rooms and walls in your office.
- Use temporary glass walls or beautiful suspended artworks to create partitions at the entrance. It will give your office an aesthetically pleasing vibe.
- Invest in a portable whiteboard, screen, and projector to present your ideas for a quick brainstorming session.
- Install modular office tables that can be folded and attached to each other whenever necessary.
4: Don’t Keep Your Employees Sitting
Do this thing and, trust me, they’ll love it. Keep some space in your office to move around, let them select the place and decide how they want to work there. Today’s employees crave an energetic and bustling environment rather than a place where people are glued to their seats.
Keep in mind that it depends on everyone’s work style. For instance, software agencies cannot have a moving environment as employees are required to work on a computer for a long period of time. But what if I told you even that’s possible?
Having a standing station in your office is the best way to keep employees on their toes.
These are nothing but specialized desks which allow employees to work while standing or even moving around. These desks are height adjustable and ergonomically designed so that people get to work with ease while standing.
Another advantage is that standing desks take significantly less space than traditional desks and chairs. And guess what, they also look amazing.
5: Don’t be afraid of experiments.
Last but certainly not least, don’t be afraid to get creative as long as it doesn’t hamper your productivity.
Take inspiration from multiple office design styles and incorporate your own ideas into the mix. Be bold when using colors but follow a certain theme. Use different materials like wood, metal, glass to create a unique work environment.
You can also set a particular theme and follow it throughout your office. Some of the most trending ones are vintage, monochrome, minimalistic, fusion, and contemporary. Next one might be the one you’ll have in your office.
Bottom line: It is your office. Have fun designing it and making it the most productive office in town.
Well folks, there you have it. 5 secrets to make a style statement in your office. Which one of these ideas you’re going to implement first? Let us know in the comments below.
Just getting starting to create a dynamic office environment? Maybe we can help. We are a leading provider of beautiful and sturdy office partitions in Florida and would more than happy to help you create your dream office space.
Sounds good? Just let us know what your requirements are and we will get in touch with you.