5 POPULAR TYPES OF OFFICE LAYOUT YOU MUST TRY!
- Posted by ATOP_officework
The office layout is the most crucial aspect of your workspace. A good office layout design not only skyrockets productivity but also leads to proper utilization of office space and promotes communication among employees.
As promising as it may sound, picking the best office layout can be tricky at times with a ton of office layout ideas available everywhere.
This is why picking some of the popular ones is always the safest bet.
To make things simpler, we’ve curated some of the best and most popular office layout designs for you. These together with some cool office decor will transform your space in no time.
List of Most Popular Types of Office Layout:
1.Cubicle Office Layout
2.Open Office Layout
3.Co-working Office Layout
4.Team-Cluster Office Layout
5.Hybrid Office Layout
Let’s check them out in detail!
1.Cubicle Office Layout
A classic design option, the cubicle layout originated in the 1960s and is still popular across corporate offices.
The Cubicle layout features partition walls that surround the tables from three sides that give its the squarish or “cubicle” shape. They can exist in either a quad formation or a row design and generally require plenty of office space.
Best for: Offices requiring more privacy and focus.
Advantages of Cubicle Office Layout:
- More privacy and a sense of ownership for employees in the workplace.
- Promotes equality as every employee gets the same amount of space.
- Fosters focus and eliminates distraction. (Ideal for detail-oriented tasks.)
- Opportunity to create multiple workspaces within a large area.
Disadvantages of Cubicle Office Layout:
- Requires more office space compared to other design plans.
- No direct interaction and communication with other employees.
2.Open Office Layout
The Open Plan Design is one of the most widely used layout designs in the world.
Popularly used by creative firms, tech startups, and even big growing organizations this layout focuses on providing more open space compared to the more traditional cubical design.
It features a single table shared among employees with low or no partitions at all. This makes it a great option if you want to enhance communication and collaboration in the workplace.
Pro Tip: If you’re choosing this layout but want to partition your space, you can add modern office partitions like free-standing office dividers. They’re portable and easy to install. These will easily help you create the space you need.
Best for: Offices with a fast-paced environment with daily interaction among employees and clients.
Advantages of Open Office Layout:
- Enhances communication in the workplace.
- Enables employees to make decisions faster.
- Increases work efficiency.
- Cost-effective and easy to implement.
Disadvantages of Open Office Layout:
- No privacy for employees.
- Lack of partitions might cause distractions to some employees.
3. Co-working Office Layout
Co-working, as the name suggests, are office spaces provided by third-parties who often lend them to companies, freelancers, and startups who are in need of an office.
These spaces can range from single rooms to an entire floor within a building and are generally used by startups.
They are replete with modern facilities and trendy accessories like coffee machines, printers, meeting rooms, etc.
Best for: Startups, freelancers, small organizations renting for an office space.
Advantages of Co-working Office Layout:
- Top-of-the-line facilities that are ready to be used by businesses.
- Flexible working culture and style.
- Cost-effective for companies that don’t have a workspace of their own.
- Great for last-minute client meetings or urgent work.
- Professional networking.
Disadvantages of Co-working Office Layout:
- No privacy for employees as the workspace is shared with other companies.
- Less secure and prone to internet phishing or cyber-attacks.
4. Team-Cluster Office Layout
Another popular form of office layout, Team-Cluster is a design that’s primarily intended for team-based work.
In this setting, employees in a company are grouped according to a team in a cluster, sharing a single table for better collaboration. Based on the type of work to be done, the form and size of the cluster may vary.
Compared to other styles, the Team-Cluster makes it much easier for companies to ease the flow of communication among its employees.
Best for: Companies where work heavily relies on employee-interaction, meetings, or discussions.
Advantages of Team-Cluster Office Layout
- Eliminates barriers and fosters a smoother flow of communication in the workspace.
- Streamlines workflow and boost productivity.
- Strengthens team-building among employees.
- Perfect for group-related tasks.
- Saves space in the office.
Disadvantages of Team-Cluster Office Layout
- Lack of individual space as employees are clustered in a team.
- Prone to noise and distractions.
5. Hybrid Office Layout
The most customizable of the bunch, the Hybrid Office Layout blends different aspects of other office styles to create a hybrid one.
It’s the newest of all the other office layout styles and provides a balanced solution to the drawbacks found in open offices and cubicles.
By using this style you can mix and match different types of office environments to create a more versatile office space. For example, you can combine multiple cubicles, co-working, and open-plan spaces to innovatively design your office.
Best for: Offices with a dynamic working environment.
Advantages of Hybrid Office Layout:
- Easy to customize.
- Employees have better control over where and how they work.
- Enhances the work satisfaction of employees.
- Improves mood and thus productivity of employees in the workspace.
Disadvantage of Hybrid Office Layout:
- Hybrid spaces can be exposed to more noise and people which can sometimes lead to distractions.
Well, now that you know some of the most popular office space layouts used by companies the question remains which one is suitable for your workspace?
Office layouts come in a wide variety of options and picking the wrong one can certainly impact your work culture and employees’ wellbeing.
So as the experts suggest, it’s always better to pick the one that truly works for your workspace’s culture, values, workflows, and the number of employees.
Doing so will easily help you choose the ideal layout design your company truly desires.
And in case of professional help, we can give you a hand as well.
We provide excellent modular office partitions like glass walls and aluminum partitions and can professionally help you redesign your office with the ideal layout.
Get in touch with us for a creative office layout makeover!